The Corporate Controller will have experience working with multi-branch operations and be responsible for the month-close process and any consolidations. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaboration across the business operations, as well as internal controls, evaluating accounting standards, developing accounting processes and some audits. You will mentor, coach, and lead your team in providing day-to-day quality service and products to their clients.
Primary Responsibilities to include:
- Provide leadership and training to the accounting team regarding accounting and reporting standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the full cycle accounting and internal financial reporting process.
- Provide service excellence to all customers; both internal and external.
- Prepare monthly internal consolidated financial statements to strict deadlines and in compliance with ASPE, ensuring accuracy, integrity, and consistency.
- Review and oversee the month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting, including balance sheet account reconciliations, operating expense analysis and management information reports.
- Assist with the budget and forecasting processes.
- Review and amend accounting policies and procedures.
- Create working files, audited financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Detailed understanding of integrated management information systems and activity-based costing principles, including foreign currency/transactions.
- Thorough understanding of financial statement consolidation principles.
- University degree majoring in Business or Commerce (B Comm or BBA) with advanced accounting credentials CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) required
- Proficient Excel skills
- 5+ years of management/leadership experience with a proven track record of successfully coaching and developing employees
- Strong communication skills with an approachable open-door management style
- Manufacturing/production experience required
- Knowledge of corporate income taxes and commodity taxes an asset
For immediate consideration, please call Trevor Johnson at 403-264-2242 and send your resume to [email protected]
Bulls Eye Recruitment is a locally owned and operated search firm specializing in accounting and finance placement; please visit us at www.bullseyerecruitment.com