The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company, including the development of financial and operations strategy, metrics and the development and monitoring of financial control systems designed to preserve and maximize the return on company assets and accurately report and forecast financial results.
Essential Job Functions:
- As a key member of the executive team, work jointly to analyze markets, develop strategy, and roadmap execution steps for continuous improvement of measurable customer value while simultaneously reducing costs and improving productivity.
- Along with the executive team, maintain strong relationships and personal interactions with key vendors.
- Foster understanding and excitement around the companies Vision, Mission, and Values and connect the dots between everyday activities and how they are extensions of these goals and values.
- Direct financial planning and accounting practices, establish and maintain relationships with lending institutions, independent auditors, and the financial community.
- Develop financial strategies by evaluating trends and overall company productivity, establishing critical measurements, design systems, resolving problems and implementing change.
- Develop strategies by evaluating revenue opportunities, projecting growth, analyzing company operations, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances, and developing improvement strategies.
- Oversee and direct budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, and insurance activities for Company.
- Model and manage forecasting for multiple locations and business units.
- Negotiate and secure the necessary financing, participate in merger/acquisition due diligence.
- Oversee procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records; to afford adequate accounting controls and services; and activities as custodian of funds, securities, and assets of the company.
- Appraise the company’s financial position and issue periodic financial and operating reports to owners; executives, management, lenders; etc.
- Analyze, consolidate, and direct all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- SRED application and reporting
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the company’s Annual Report and tax returns.
- Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions, and industry trends, and their impact on company policies and operations.
- Provide financial data, including recommendations, to the President/CEO in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance with all accounting and financial activities within applicable regulations.
- Supervise and coordinate work of accounting department personnel to maximize the efficiency of operations. Assign duties, determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, expedite workflow, enforce policies and procedures, provide training and mentoring to ensure staff meets goals and objectives, conduct annual reviews, and make employment recommendations.
- Perform accounting tasks as required based on workload; team attendance; goals and deadlines.
- Perform other tasks and special projects as directed by President/CEO
- Minimum 10 years supervisory experience as CFO/VP of Finance, in a manufacturing, distribution, or related industry, including budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA designation preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of general accounting practices (ASPE / US GAAP), and experience with ERP, Made2Manage accounting software and Microsoft Office (including Excel).
- Demonstrated proven problem solving, decisions making and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience successfully managing an operational budget.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively deal with different functional managers.
- Excellent prioritizing and organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate and present data to varying levels of the organization and outside contacts.
- An absolute commitment to teamwork.
Please hit Apply should this fit your career history.